The city of lights once again hosted its Fashion Week last September, for Spring Summer 2014 ready-to-wear lines.
There were many interesting designs (really, what was that, LVFH) and lots of nostalgia, if attached to the brand (Marc Jacobs leaving Louis Vuitton, after 16 years as creative director and head designer, to focus on his own brand).
As I looked through thousands of pictures and videos online, ten main trends caught my eyes:
- Sheer and lace
- Rich hues
- Classic (conventional) lines
- African/middle eastern/Azteq accents
- Fresh-faced makeup
- Pretty shoulders out
- Flutted skirts
- Minimalist accessories and hair
- Baroque extravagance
In this first post, I will focus on trend (1). My subsequent posts will expand on the remaining trends.
Sheer and Lace:
I am particularly fond of sheer/lace materials. When properly used, they convey seduction without being vulgar or tacky. We have seen an eruption of lace wedding dresses (all credits to Kate Middleton?) However, the trend did not seem to hold enough steam for non bridal wear. Well, the runways at the PFW certainly offered a variety of see through details for dresses, tops and even skirts; from lace to fishnet to extra-sheer silk.
Notes by Sissi:
- Reminder to wear a see-through top beneath a jacket
- Simple lace top with fitted pants or skirts
- Subtle lace for dresses
- New designer to note: Isabel Marant
- Favorite delivery on the trend: Eli Saab!
Some of my favorites looks below (all pictures credits to wwd.com):
And a Sissi Voted NO-NO: Louis Vuitton
- Fashion Series – Paris Fashion Week : 24 Septembre au 2 Octobre 2013 (ebelandi.com)
- The 15 Best Runway Bags of Paris Fashion Week (purseblog.com)
- Paris Fashion Week Style Wrap Up For Cocktail Revolution (smokescreensandfeathers.wordpress.com)